APH OC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Axis Powers Hetalia Original Characters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Caterpillars

Caterpillars

Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public] Empty
PostSubject: Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public]   Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public] EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:38 am

Jeremy inhaled deeply, taking a deep breath of the cold winter air that freezed him to the core. His breathe took form in the air, and he estimated it to be about ten degrees outside or so. It was so cold, and he was in this ragged old coat and had his eyes focused on what was before him.

A long line of people. All waiting for their bread. Winding around the tall buildings that had just recently been built.

Landmarks like the Empire State building, the Chrysler building and the GE building. All built at that heart of it all. Even though people down here were starving and hungry. Even Broadway was going out of business. What would become of New York City if they didn't get out of this soon?

Jeremy heaved a sigh, stuffing his hand into the pockets of his coat, attempting to hide away his face under the heavy scarf that was wrapped around his neck. It'd be a longtime until he could get that piece of bread. Hell, the line was still growing, now going from out of the building on 34th street down to 36th! It'd be bad for traffic if the line cut off the street right?

He smirked a the very thought of a line of people just spread across the entire island of Manhattan. It was rather silly. But could very well be reality.

(Well, I'm sure most of you are familiar with the Great Depression, and I think I've gotten across most of my points. Plenty of the landscape we see today in Manhattan were all built during the Great Depression. Despite these skyscrapers being built, Manhattan was by no means well off. All through the city, people would line up for soup kitchens and breadlines, awaiting their chance at a free meal. It hit everyone pretty hard, and what with Wall Street being in disarray over the stock market crash. And yes, Broadway was hit pretty hard by the Depression, but it also spurred a momentary period of creative renaissance of sorts for when America's general economy improved.)

((In other news, I really wanted to post a topic with Napoleonic rule Calabria, being fierce and rebellious in the Southern Europe section. But I won't cockblock.))
Back to top Go down
pennsylvania

pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public]   Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public] EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 6:36 pm

Walking along the frigid streets, Pennsylvania takes note of everything that he is seeing. The sight of people in the breadline, waiting anxious for there meal, well, he isn't a stranger to it. In many of his cities back home, this is the same image he is presented with. However in this case, it's on a much larger scale.
Rummaging through his coat pockets, he retrieves a small notepad and pencil. This will make a great article for the Philadelphia Inquire; a first hand account. Now it's time to interview people, got to make it as authentic as possible. Spotting Manhattan in the large crowd, he taps the man on the shoulder.

"Hello, would you mind answering some questions for me? That is if I am not bothering you or anything." He exclaims, a small nervous laugh escapes him. His vibrant blue eyes trained on the man in the breadline.
Back to top Go down
http://kosmonaunt.tumblr.com/
Caterpillars

Caterpillars

PostSubject: Re: Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public]   Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public] EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 7:53 pm

Jeremy watched as the line slowly progressed forward one step. He sighed. It'd be such a long time before he would reach the front of the line and finally eat. As if on cue, his stomach growled.

He cursed under his breath. His own thoughts were interrupted though by a man whom seemed well dressed in comparison to the rest of the line. Said man also had a notepad and pencil.

"Hello, would you mind answering some questions for me? That is if I am not bothering you or anything."

Jeremy blinked for a moment. Pondering if he was fully willing to do this. But, why not spend your time doing something.

"Sure can. Go ahead!" he said, nodding his head while doing so.
Back to top Go down
pennsylvania

pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public]   Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public] EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 8:33 pm

He shivers against the chilled air, tapping his pencil against the paper. Pennsylvania is dressed well indeed, sure he was hit hard just like everyone else, but that doesn't mean he has to show it. Adjusting his scraf to cover his exposed neck, he gives the man a pleasant smile.

"Thank you, I'm so glad that you're willing to help me." scribbling down a couple notes, he continues to speak. "So, I'm a reporter for a newspaper in Philadelphia. I have read so many stories on the depression and how it's affecting people. But I have yet to hear it from the horses mouth so to say."

Pointing his pencil in Jeremy's direction, an eager glint can be seen in the raven haired man's eyes. "What I mean is, no one took the time to really interview the working man. I would like to know before this stock market crash, what were you doing for a living? Also the way that you are living now, is it a stark contrast to how things were beforehand?" He pauses, tapping his pencil on the surface of the notepad.

"If I'm making you uncomfortable with my questions, just tell me...alright?"
Back to top Go down
http://kosmonaunt.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public]   Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public] Empty

Back to top Go down

Breadline [The Great Depression/Manhattan/Public]
Page 1 of 1